Garbage And Recycling
Republic Services collects trash for for all neighborhoods receiving sanitation services in the city.
- Cans should be at the curb by 7 AM on day of pick up.
- Cans should be brought back in as soon as possible after being emptied.
- Saratoga often experiences strong winds that can blow cans about.
- Residents are encouraged to put their house number on their can in case it is lost.
- If you are missed, please contact 801-766-9793 Ext. 100.
If your pickup day falls on or after a holiday that is on a weekday, your pickup day may be delayed by one day. Please see the Garbage and Recycling calendar to verify if your pickup will be affected by a holiday.
North Pointe Solid Waste
Saratoga Springs is part of the North Pointe Solid Waste Special Service District. For information on the special service district and disposing of items such as electronics or hazardous waste or other waste go to the North Pointe Solid Waste Special Service District website.
- The city provides dumpsters at a central location for yard cleanup waste in the spring. For more information on this program go to the Spring Yard Clean Up Page.
- Residents needing to dispose of items not allowed in the spring yard cleanup can go to North Pointe Solid Waste to dispose of those items. For more information dumping at Lindon landfill residents can go to the North Pointe Solid Waste Special Service District website.
Most Alpine District schools in the area have recycling dumpsters that can be used by residents to recycle large boxes and other items.
Garbage And Recycling Can Adjustments
- To request additional cans or removal of unneeded cans, you must fill out the online form: Garbage/Recycle Can Adjustment Request (Requests can no longer be accepted by phone)
- Due to a recent change in City Code, any additional Garbage or Recycle can(s) that are delivered must be kept for a minimum of 1 YEAR or a $100 per can removal fee will be added to your utility billing.
- To arrange replacement or exchange of a can damaged by regular use, call 801-766-9793 Ext. 100.
- To replace cans lost, stolen, or damaged by misuse, contact Republic Services directly at 801-785-5935. Replacement costs may apply. Republic Services Website
Trash & Recycling Collection Cost
Garbage And Recycling Service Information
Enter your address in the search box on the map below to see what route your home is in.
- The city is broken into 5 routes
- Red/Friday - The area from the north border of the city boundaries to Harvest Hills Blvd.
- Purple/Thursday - The area south of Harvest Hills Blvd to Pioneer Crossing
- Yellow/Wednesday - The area south of Pioneer Crossing to Pony Express Blvd. and the Southern border of the Legacy Farms neighborhood
- Pink/Tuesday - The northern border of the Saratoga Springs Development to the northern side of Centennial Blvd. and Eagle Park
- Green/Monday - The south side of Centennial Blvd and Eagle Park to the south border of the city
- Some routes are divided down the middle of the street
- If you are on a street that is a dividing line your pick up could be on a separate day from those across the street from you
- Look at the map closely to verify which day is your day of service
- Each route will have a different day of service
- Recycling will be picked up every other week
- Recycling will be collected on the same day as garbage collection