Celebrate in Saratoga
Children's Visual Art Contest
We invite all Kindergarten- high school aged children to enter our first ever Holiday Visual Arts Contest, sponsored by the City Arts Council.
- Media Allowed: Any drawing media, watercolors, acrylics, temperas, pastels, colored pencils, permanent markers, colored pens.
- Techniques Allowed: drawing, painting, collage, mixed media. No Sculptures or 3D. Only original work. No Copies or AI generated art. Must be Family Friendly. No use of copyrighted materials. Any AI or plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Size Limit: 12" X 18"
- Please Include: Full Name, Age, School, Mailing address, email and telephone (parent's number) on the back of your entry.
- Only one entry per child.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE DELIVERED TO SARATOGA SPRING CITY LIBRARY BY NOV. 27 at 4:30 pm
Winners will be announced at the Community Orchestra Holiday Concert on Monday, December 4, 7pm at Vista Heights Middle School.
Christmas Tree Lighting
- Monday, November 27, 2023
- 6:00 PM Pre-tree lighting entertainment
- 6:00 PM - Santa arrives via Firetruck
- 6:30 PM - Tree Lighting program begins
- Neptune Park
Kick off the Holiday season by joining us for our annual Christmas Tree Lighting with Santa, crafts for the kids (while supplies last) and musical entertainment. You can also drop off your letter to Santa in his mailbag when you stop by to visit with him. There will be food trucks there for you to purchase a treat. Firework show immediately following the program and tree lighting.
- Saturday, December 2, 2023
- Time: 9 AM - 1 PM
- Public Safety Building
This is a time for people who may need adaptive accommodations to meet Santa Claus without all of the hustle and bustle that normally goes with the holiday season.
- Participants will be able to sign up for an individual 10-minute time slot with Santa.
- Parents can add notes to their registration to let Santa know the best way to interact with their child or children.
- Parents with multiple children, please sign up for 1 time slot for everyone (not per child) to visit with Santa.
- Parents can bring any extended family they would like to have there during their time slot.
- This event is for all individuals who may need adaptive accommodations to visit Santa in a no-stress environment. There is no age limit on this event.
Registration is full. To be added to the wait list, please email Corrine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presented by the Miss Saratoga Springs Royalty
City Orchestra Holiday Concert
- Monday, December 4, 2023
- 7 PM
- Vista Heights Middle School
- Cost is Free
Come and enjoy holiday music, see our Visual Art Entries from our Holiday Art Contest and have some fun at our Community Orchestra Holiday Concert. If you haven't dropped your letter to Santa off at the Library yet, you can bring it to the concert and put it in Santa's Mailbag.
Sponsored by the Saratoga Springs Arts Council
Holiday Magic Show
- Monday, December 11, 2023
- 7 PM
- Thunder Ridge Elementary
- Cost is free
You won't believe your eyes! The Scott Chamberlain Magic Show is something you won't want to miss. This event is family friendly and free.
Christmas Jars- Stuff the Jar Night
Presented by the Westlake Student Council
- Wednesday, December 13, 5-8 PM
- Westlake High School
Christmas Jars is the annual charitable fundraiser by students at Westlake High School. Stuff the Jar night is a holiday event put on by the students. All proceeds from Christmas Jars and Stuff the Jar Night go to help families in need right here in Saratoga Springs.
Sponsored by the Saratoga Springs Youth Council
Letters To Santa
Print up your letter to Santa template from the link below or pick up a template in the library. Drop it off to Santa's mailbox in the library between November 28 - December 16.
- You can also put it in Santa's mailbag at:
- The Christmas Tree Lighting, November 27
- Silent Santa - December 2
- Holiday Orchestra Concert - December 4.
Santa will answer letters dropped off by December 16.
The library often has special story times and other activities during the holiday season. More information can be found in the library section of the website.