Jr. Jazz Basketball
League Details 2023
- Registration: June 27 to October 30. As our programs grow our need for gym space also grows. With limited gym space we have to cap this program so we do not have more kids than we have space for. In order to help make sure we are providing the best possible opportunity for the citizens of Saratoga Springs we are limiting the first portion of registration to Saratoga Springs residents only. Registration for residents will open June 26. Registration will open to all on August 31. If you miss the registration deadline you will be placed on a wait list. If there is room on a team you will be contacted to sign up. A $10 late fee will apply to those coming off the wait list.
- Where: Local Saratoga Springs Schools. For older grades there is a possibility to play against teams from neighboring cities depending on registration numbers. Possible games in Pleasant Grove, American Fork, Lehi, and Eagle Mountain.
- Who: Boys and Girls 5th through 8th Grade
- When: Season starts January 6. Games will be played on Saturdays for 5th and 6th grades. 7th and up will play on weeknights and Saturdays. Practice times will be provided at local elementary schools and open times and days will be picked by your coach. One hour long practice a week will be provided. For some older grades if combined with another city, dates will vary and may start as soon as early December.
- Resident Fees: $72
- Non-Resident Fee: $98
- League Amenities: 8 games, a jersey, 1 Jazz ticket voucher, and a participation medal. Grades 7th and up will have a single elimination post season tournament.
Friend requests are allowed for 5th and 6th grade. Each participant is allowed up to two friend requests and the requests must be head to head. Meaning each friend must request each other.
Participants will be placed on teams by school area. Those coming off the wait list will be filling in spots where players are needed and may not be in their school area or be able to be granted a friend request.
For grades 7th and 8th teams will be put together through a draft process. The draft will be held in early December. Friend requests are not granted in this age group. Siblings can be placed on the same team but to keep the draft process integrity no other requests are allowed.