Youth Baseball (3rd-12th)
Program Details 2024
- Registration: is December 26 - February 12. Resident ONLY registration December 26-January 22. Registration will open for all on January 23 and go to February 12. If you miss the registration deadline you will be placed on a wait list. If there is room on a team you will be contacted to sign up. A $10 fee will apply to those coming off the wait list.
- Where: Games will be held at Patriot Park (Grades 7th and up may combine with other nearby Cities if not enough teams sign up.)
- Who: Grades 3rd-12th
- When: Season will start late April and will continue through June. For those who qualify a state tournament will be held in July. Games will be played on weeknights.
- Fees: Residents - $92 for 3rd-6th $102 for 7th-12th Non-Residents - $124 for 3rd-6th $136 for 7th-12th
- League Amenities: 10 games, shirt, hat, pants, & a post season tournament.
The season starts at the end of April. It is a 10 game season with games on weeknights. Practices will be up to the coach as to when and where.
There will be a consolation city tournament following the season.
There will also be a state tournament for the top teams who qualify from the city tournament. The state tournament is scheduled for the week of July 15th. Details will be given to teams that qualify.
Our 3rd-8th grade age groups are affiliated with the Utah Boy’s Baseball Association (UBBA). A state tournament will be held by the UBBA the week of July 15. Games could be played any day that week during the day or evenings. Top teams from the local tournament will be eligible to compete in the state tournament.
Per UBBA guidelines all teams must be created with a tryout/draft process. No teammate requests can be taken for this program. The tryout/draft will be held at the end of March. The tryouts/draft will be held at Patriot Park at 444 E. 400 S. Participants will be notified via email of details as the date approaches.
Colt league teams can put themselves together or request friends.
Tryout/Draft Dates and Times
Age groups will be split into groups in an effort to keep the tryouts as short as possible for each child. Please show up at your child’s assigned group time. Please bring a mitt to the tryouts. We will provide bats and balls. The tryout will consist of an opportunity to show hitting skills with 5 pitches pitched from a machine, running as they will run to first after 5 pitches, catching as they will field a throw from short stop, and finally fielding at short stop and throwing to first.
Once we know how many participants are in the program when registration ends we will create a schedule for tryouts. Tryouts will be mid to late March. We will email participants as well as post it here.
As with all of our programs we depend on volunteers to coach our teams. We greatly appreciate our volunteers and encourage everyone to volunteer if you are able. To volunteer to help coach a team please sign up during the registration process. As a thank you to all our head coaches we give a $40 credit after the season is completed to go towards a future Saratoga Springs Recreation program.
UBBA has adopted the non-approved bat list of USSSA baseball. Please visit the USSSA website to see what bats are not allowed in our league.