Continuances and Reschedules

In order to continue or reschedule an upcoming court date for your traffic or criminal case these criteria must be met:

  1. You must not be represented by a public or private attorney.
  2. You must file a formal Motion to Continue with the Justice Court no later than 48 hours before your upcoming court date. No exceptions will be made! Your current address and phone number must be provided on the motion.
  3. You have not had any other continuances, reschedules, or failures to appear on your case.
  4. You may file the motion to continue at the court window, e-mail it to, or fax it to 801-766-9794.
Bench trials and jury trials are excluded.  

Motion to Continue