PASSPORT SERVICES ARE
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Prior to scheduling an appointment, please verify that you have all the required Documentation, Applications printed or filled out in black ink, and separate payments for the U.S. Department of State and the City of Saratoga Springs.
If you do not have the required documents at the time of your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
All forms, processing times, and requirements can be found at the official U.S. Department of State web site: Travel.State.Gov
You should never be asked to pay to fill out a passport application or set an appointment online. Exercise caution if using 3rd party/unofficial web sites.
Office hours: Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
To cancel or reschedule an appointment, see the buttons at the bottom of the confirmation email.
Yes - we can take your photo as part of your passport appointment.
For a successful appointment, please have the following items ready to bring to our office:
(For a more complete list see Quick Links.)
- Passport Application – filled out in black ink only but not signed. Fill out online or download forms from www.travel.state.gov
**Please double check your form. You must fill out a new form if there are any mistakes**
PLEASE NOTE: The most common application error is #10 Last Name (at Parent's Birth). It's asking for the parent (usually mother) name at their birth, i.e. maiden name, when the parent was born
- Fees - Application fees are paid to the US Department of State - they accept Checks Only: personal, cashier's checks, or money orders
Acceptance fees are paid to Saratoga Springs - credit/debit preferred.
Calculate your fees here, or see more about fees here.
- Bring one check, money order or cashier's check made payable to the U.S. Department of State for each application (one for each applicant). The U.S. Department of State may not accept Starter or Counter checks that your bank prints for you.
- Credit/debit card preferred for fees payable to Saratoga Springs, including Acceptance Fees and/or photo fees.
- Valid Picture ID and a photocopy of front and back. For example:
- Driver’s License
- Official Government or Military ID card
- See Photo Identification for details
- One Passport Photo
- You can have your photo taken in our office for $15 per person or bring one that meets U.S. Department of State requirements
- The photo must have been taken within the last six (6) months
- Pictures must be in color and on a white background
- Use a clear image of your face, no glasses, no filters, no selfies
- Photo must be 2 by 2 inch square
- See federal guidelines at www.travel.state.gov
- All applicants (including children) must be present when applying for a passport
If you are applying for a passport for a minor under the age of 16, both parents must be present unless the absent parent has filled out & had notarized a Statement of Consent (Form 3053).
Current passport processing times
Please see the Department of State website for current times. Please note the time frames shown start from the day the Department of State receives your application, NOT from submission date.
Quick Links for
- Renewal - see if you qualify to renew by mail.
- Apply in Person - each applicant must be present.
- Children Under 16 - must apply for a passport in person with two parents in most cases.
- Children Ages 16 & 17 - must apply in person.
- Passport Book or Passport Card?
- Finding & Completing the Right Form
- Citizenship Evidence - you must submit primary evidence of U.S. citizenship.
- Photo Identification - adults must present a physical, government-issued photo ID.
- Passport Photos - we can take your photo for $15 as part of your appointment.
- Fees & Fee Calculator - Two separate payments are required.
- Get My Passport Fast - see what services are available.
- Check My Application Status - available 14 days after you submit your application.
- Considering a Courier or Expeditor company?